One of our team goals for 2013 has been to create a second real estate website that you will value for years to come. Our first website, DaneCountyMarket.com, is recognized as a great local resource for no-spin information on the Madison area home and condo markets. Our focus for MadCityDreamHomes.com has been to create a Madison real estate resource with the best available view of the properties for sale at the local and neighborhood levels. We have more work to do, but we're well on our way toward achieving our goal. Here's a quick update on our plans for building you a better website for Madison Wisconsin real estate.
5 Steps to a Better Real Estate Website
- Create Madison property guides that provide an in-depth view of homes and condos at the local level. Our property guides for downtown Madison and Madison's near west side are good examples. Both of these guides give you a good overview of the real estate for sale in the area. Within each guide you can then drill down to the "hyper-local" level and learn more. For example, our downtown guide allows you to learn more about popular condo communities like Capitol West and Metropolitan Place. Our guide to the near west side helps you learn more about the properties for sale in neighborhoods such as Dudgeon-Monroe and University Heights.
- Provide you with detailed property views. We're working to give you as many useful details as we can for every home and condo you view on our website. This means we're adding important financial items such as annual property taxes and monthly condo fees, as well as what is included in those fees. We're adding birdseye views, Google street views, and Walkscores. We're also adding as many useful details as we can about the interior and exterior features for every listing on our site. We're even giving you the ability to see whether or not an active property listing is recorded in the MLS as having an accepted offer.
- Include similar listings and recent neighborhood sales for every home and condo you view. We're building an easy-to-use tool that will allow you to view similar listings and recent sales in the neighborhood. This tool will give you an easy way to stay on top of the market in your target locations.
- Give you expanded property search capabilities. We already have some great real estate search tools available for your use, but soon we'll be taking these tools to the next level. For example, soon you'll be able to pick your location and search for upcoming open houses, listings that have recently sold, and properties that have accepted offers.
- Provide you with useful and interactive real estate tools. We have some exciting new tools planned for the near future. Whether you're buying or selling, you will want to check these tools out.
Our goal for Mad City Dream Homes is to provide you with the property tools that you will find more useful and more reliable than those provided by national websites such as Zillow, Trulia, and Realtor.com. Along with these tools we're adding our local insight and expertise. It's a lot of work, but we're off to a great start. Stay tuned for many exciting changes to our site in the coming weeks and months!
Dan Miller, REALTOR
Mad City Dream Homes & RE/MAX Preferred